Thursday, March 19, 2015

{ Iced Green Tea Recipe }



With spring quickly approaching and the temperatures rising, I have redesigned a winter habit of mine.

Lately I have been trying to incorporate more green tea into my diet. My personal goal is to drink 2-3 glasses a day. One in the morning before breakfast, one in the afternoon, and then one at night (not too late as it does contain some caffeine). I am sticking with serving my morning tea hot as I have in the past, but I am switching up my afternoon tea to this great "slushy" version. Cool and refreshing!


All you need to do is brew your tea, (helpful hint: brew your tea at least 10 minutes for maximum health benefits!) add ice to cool it down or let it sit and cool down. I used my Nutri-Bullet, so I divided my tea into 3 equal parts, added one part at a time with about 8 ice cubes. (I did this because the tea and ice mixture expands a TON when blended.) Then after blending the ice and tea mixture I transferred it to a big glass and continued on with the other two portions.

I also tried adding some frozen raspberries to the mixture and it turned out great! I think that frozen blueberries or frozen mango would taste great as well.


I love Thursday's because that means that tomorrow is Friday! Have a great day!





post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your creativity in the kitchen!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious. Is there any Green Tea that is decaf? I am staying away from all caffeine. This looks amazing. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...